10/22/08

WEEK FOUR


Today was very busy and I played hooky from work which was fun. I have lots of vacation time to use so I thought today would be a good day to stay home with the puppies. I thought I could play catch up on some work but I spent most of the day playing with the pups. We had to grind chicken again for dog food but didn't have to do veggies so it didn't take long. I went to the store to buy new doggie toys so everyone is happy tonight and all played out. Since they are four weeks old today it was time to clip nails and weigh them again. They were very good getting their nails clipped and all weight around 4 pounds now. There is sill 2 ounces between the smallest and the largest just like at birth. I am amazed at how uniform the litter is.

I received some bad news regarding get the litter BAER hearing tested. I can't get them done at Cornell because Dr. Loew will be out of the Country. There are other options but no good ones. I can go to Dr Haas in Michigan but that is a very long drive. There is a place in the central part of PA. and also a place in Cleveland, Ohio I can go to. I opted for Cleveland and have an appointment for November 11. It will cost me over twice as much as it would at Cornell. SHEESH! Now that I am sure they all can hear in at least one ear I have found something new to worry about. TESTICLES.....I can only find one...where oh where are the other five? I am hoping it is too early to find them because they are about the size of a large tomato seed.

Gambit is ready to be over this now. She doesn't spend very much time nursing them and today she fed them standing up. I am sure she will be happy when they are weaned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb, I been looking at the puppies everyday, and it just makes me smile. Vickie