10/3/08

Lavender is still alive!
I am so happy to report that my young cockeral is still alive. He must have been in shock and appeared to be dead but after I held him for a while he opened his eyes. Then he layed there for awhile and then started to make the kind of noise a rooster makes when he is warning the hens that there is danger. I still thought he would die and he still may but he is a fighter and has not given up. Last night I put him in a nest box in the chicken coop because I thought if I brought him in here the smell of dogs would be very stressful for him. I thought he may be dead this morning but he was up and walking around. He is not moving very fast but he is eating and drinking so I think he may recover. Bizzi tore out most of his tail feathers and most of his saddle hackles and lots of feathers so he isn't as magnificant as he was but the feathers will grow back! I am so happy he didn't die. I love chickens but am very glad I am not one because every thing wants to eat a chicken except my good friend Kathy!


No comments: