10/2/08

DAY EIGHT

Dominique and liver girl Ameraucana
Ameraucana
Wyandotte
Welsummer

Today has been a very sad one for me. I am not sure what posesses critters to do the things they do but this evening before the chickens wondered into the chicken coop for the night we had a tragedy. Well, I thought it was a tragedy but Bizzi thought it was a gift from heaven. In the beginning of May we bought 20 day old chicks to raise. It turned out that quite a few of them were boys so we didn't keep them but there was a beautiful one that I fell in love with so he got to stay. We have an older Rooster and we really don't need two but I am an idiot so I had to keep him. As he matured it was obvious he was the best of the two and we most likely would have kept him. Whatever made him think he could fly into the dog yard will forever remain a mystery but none the less he did. Young cockerels think they are ten feet tall and bullet proof. I will end this story here but I must ask myself why any one in there right mind would get attached to a darned old chicken anyway?

Well I am off now for some well needed puppy therapy.

No comments: