9/29/08

DAY FIVE


I SEE SPOTS! Today the spots are starting to show and I think we have some colorful babies like Mom. Although Gambit's spotting is not correct according to the breed standard, most people who see her think she is beautiful and I agree. Her coat just glistens and her black is so vivid and shiny. I can't wait to see their markings and eye color. The fun thing about raising a Dalmatian litter is that every week there is a new thing happening to get excited about. First is how many boys and girls, next is... are they black or liver spotted? Then comes spotting patterns. After the spots start happening the next thing is the eyes begin to open. At about the same time as the eyes open the hearing responses start happening. It all goes so fast and soon they are gone and I will have made new human friends who will become part of my Dalmatian family. How exciting!

No comments: